** Update: Over €40,000 of additional funds have been made available for use over the remainder of the project period, which has been extended to April 2015. **
GAP2 is providing an Exchange Program for researchers, fishery stakeholders and policy makers exploring how collaboration works.
An exciting new opportunity for learning, the GAP2 Exchange will encourage the sharing of understanding and ideas by funding candidates to travel and undertake an exchange trip with relevance to participatory research.
You can learn more about the experiences of the GAP2 Exchange participants by reading their blogs. On the other hand, if you think you may want to get involved – read more about the GAP2 Exchange below.
Benefits to Participants
- Their sector, research topic or field.
- Other stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Practices abroad.
Willing participants are invited to propose ideas for the exchange activities they would like to be involved with, by contacting Alfred Sandstrom, according to the guidelines below. All projects must be completed by April 2015.
Potential candidates will be asked to consider the bases for visiting a specific place or organisation and how the exchange activity would benefit the Gap2 project as a whole, as well as the candidate personally. Although all propositions and candidates are welcome, we are presently particularly interested in activities that focus on making the connection with policy. The proposed activities must have a clear project benefit and coincide with three core aspects of the GAP2 program:
- An interdisciplinary focus.
- Relation to governance and participation.
- GAP2’s specific research areas (and case studies).
- Conducting exemplar participatory research within a relevant field.
- Working in the same sector but in a different environment or geographic area.
Cross sector exchanges from within and outside the EU are welcome (as well as exchanges from within the project). Participants will be expected to provide a weekly video/written blog entry and a final report on the learning outcomes of the exchange.
- To find out more, please contact Alfred Sandstrom.
- Telephone 1: +46-10-4784241
- Telephone 2: +46-70-3169609
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org